In this episode of The Decision Corner, Brooke is joined for the second time by Roger Martin, one the the world’s leading business minds, the former dean of the Rotman School of Business, and the author of the newly released book A New Way to Think: Your Guide to Superior Management Effectiveness. This time around,the two discusshow mental models guide business decisions, and how we can restructure failing mental models to improve ourselves, our teams, and our organizations.
Topics discussed include:
- When you should give up on your mental models - and when to keep pushing at it
- Why writing down your decision making process is vital - and the dangerous behaviors that occur if you don’t
- The simple, but powerful “if-then” model
- How socializing strategy can help us scale over decision-making hurdles
- Why you should make the most skeptical person in the room in charge of test design
- How to overcome disappointing decisions - and why they are so important to make
Podden och tillhörande omslagsbild på den här sidan tillhör The Decision Lab. Innehållet i podden är skapat av The Decision Lab och inte av, eller tillsammans med, Poddtoppen.