After a long period away, we're back! This is Episode #29 of Public Media Daily, now available on your podcast feed for the first time in weeks. Highlights from Friday, June 29th-Monday, July 2nd include...
01) Texas Standard had Current's Dru Sefton on about the struggles PBS is having in Texas.
02) KBYU is no longer a PBS affiliate. KUED is Utah's ONLY PBS affiliate now.
03) 91.5 WUNC Chapel Hill adds The New Yorker Radio Hour and the How I Built This/Planet Money combo to its Sunday schedule.
04) Nashville Public Radio adds 1A, another hour of Morning Edition and the BBC Newshour to its schedules.
05) KTWU 11 Topeka decides to launch World on channel 11.2 to replace MHz Worldview.
06) Capital Public Radio expands the Sunday overnight simulcast of the BBC World Service and moves Reveal on Sundays too.
07) 90.7 WFAE Charlotte adds 1A and The Daily to its weekday schedule. Plus, the overnight BBC World Service simulcast got expanded too.
08) Technical problems include 91.7 KOSU Stillwater - Oklahoma City getting hit by lightning in its antenna on Friday, two of WVTF Roanoke's Music stations suffering power outages and WVIA-TV 44 Wilkes-Barre/Scranton suffering quick problems on Monday afternoon.
09) 103.3 KWBU-FM Waco turned 18 on July 1st. It signed on-the-air July 1st, 2000.
10) Everything that you also missed since the last time we did the last episode in a brand new segment called "What You Missed."
Please subscribe wherever you listen to your favorite shows and leave us a rating and a review as well. Also, let us know what we're doing great and what we can do to improve on.
Follow us on Twitter @PubMediaFans for more news and content.
Podden och tillhörande omslagsbild på den här sidan tillhör Public Media Fans. Innehållet i podden är skapat av Public Media Fans och inte av, eller tillsammans med, Poddtoppen.