In this episode of Free Rein Charlotte Ricca talks to international and super-smiley showjumper Harriet Nuttall. We realise being smiley isn't an essential attribute for a showjumper, but it's pretty important for interviews. Needless to say Harriet was a lot of fun to talk to.
Harriet has enjoyed much of her success at Hickstead, where she has won both the Queen Elizabeth II Cup and the British Speed Derby. She has also come second in the Hickstead Derby three times with the much-loved A Touch Imperious – earning her the moniker the Derby Bridesmaid!
In this interview we talk about what makes the Derby so special. We also chat about:
• Her husband's (then fiancée) romantic proposal
• What makes A Touch Imperious so special and so difficult - and why she nearly gave up on him
• Coming into the Devil's Dyke at Hickstead disunited. Argh!
• The challenge of staying at the top of her sport
• Training with Nick Skelton
And a whole load more...
Podden och tillhörande omslagsbild på den här sidan tillhör Charlotte Ricca. Innehållet i podden är skapat av Charlotte Ricca och inte av, eller tillsammans med, Poddtoppen.