Mental Health In Recruitment Entrepreneurs - How You Feel - This Is What Is Normal
Mental health is the most important thing, this is what I realized over the last 12 years.
Moreso again in the last 18 months having worked closely with my members.
A healthy mind drives the way we think, the way we verbalise, and the way we act.
Thoughts and your mind is your strongest weapon.
It’s also your biggest enemy.
This topic is very important to all Recruitment Search Entrepreneurs out there.
It is my hope that some of the entrepreneurs struggling with mental health may find help in this video.
Not often we speak about these things openly.
Recruitment is tough. Working alone or working from home is tough for a lot.
So how do we get through the hard times.
How do we sharpen our recruiting entrepreneurial minds?
1. Acceptance. Accept that everything is not always going to be perfect. You will encounter success and also losses. Candidates will go missing. You want to find the trigger so this can be prevented and implement a process so it doesn't keep happening. But accept it has. And fix it. 80% of what the solution ideally would be is good enough to begin.
2. Thousands of people have already gotten to where you want to go before you. Lean into that. It’s not as big a task as you think it is.
3. You need to Adapt. You will try something new and you will not succeed on your first try. But that’s completely normal. Adapt. 5 Steps forward. 1 back.
Do this with your mind.
Keep putting good stuff in.
Watching positive YouTube videos or reading positive phrases is not the only thing you need to get your mind to work. You need more than that.
The main thing that will be going to harden you up and get through whatever you’re going through is Momentum.
1. Doing things that you don’t want to do (cold shower to start the day with…)
2. Knowing that things will not work the first time generally - the successful recruiters I respect are those that get smart is key - work smart - new tactics mean new learning
3. Knowing that someone else doing is better than you are, but you have your own goal - for now. As your progress you will subconsciously set a bigger goal for yourself. You’re a recruitment entrepreneur - special breed.
With the Mental Health thing, we are isolated.
Use this group. Everything you’re going through someone else has gone through before.
The Laptop Recruiter™, Let me know what are your thoughts in the comments below!
Podden och tillhörande omslagsbild på den här sidan tillhör Andy Whitehead. Innehållet i podden är skapat av Andy Whitehead och inte av, eller tillsammans med, Poddtoppen.