CIE5450. Hydrology of catchments, rivers and deltas.
1. Hydrology and Water Resources: rainfall mechanisms, extreme rainfall, water resources, groundwater, surface water, water resources of catchments, rainfall-runoff relations for different temporal scales, water balances, water scarcity, green and blue water, human interference into the hydrological cycle;
2. Rainfall-Runoff relations: extreme discharge and floods;
3. Determination of peak discharge, factors affecting discharge characteristics, flow duration curve, flood frequency analysis, rainfall runoff relations, short duration peak runoff, catchment yield;
4. Flood propagation: reservoir routing, channel routing, Muskingum routing, Kinematic routing, relations between methods of routing and the St. Venant equation;
5. Hydrology of coastal areas: tides, storm surges, propagation of tides into estuaries, salt water intrusion into open estuaries, seepage of brackish ground water, hydraulic measures in coastal areas and estuaries, effect of dikes, fresh and salt water reservoirs, drainage;
6. Articles related to the topics described above. For the exam a selection of these articles needs to be studied.
Podden och tillhörande omslagsbild på den här sidan tillhör . Innehållet i podden är skapat av och inte av, eller tillsammans med, Poddtoppen.