Welcome James, Spragg. James is a coach at intercept performance consultancy. James is also finishing his PhD univ of capetown in exercise physiology where he studied the mechanisms responsible for deterioration in performance during grand tour cycling stage races. James also coaches a number of sky runners and ski mountaineers. Our conversation will cover a variety of performance topics surrounding coaching and physiology.
· Predictors of cycling performance success: Traditional approaches and a novel method to assess performance capacity in U23 road cyclists o https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/36513568/
· Predicting Trail Running Performance With Laboratory Exercise Tests and Field Based Results o https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29952678/
· “The relationship between physiological characteristics and durability in male pro cyclists.’ o https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35977108/
· Viewpoint Using VO2 max as a marker of training status o https://journals.physiology.org/doi/full/10.1152/japplphysiol.00723.2021
· Plyometrics and running economy o https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-023-30798-3