Abraham’s faith and obedience to the Lord is inspiring. More specifically when he was tested by the Lord in Genesis 22 to offer up his son Isaac as a sacrifice onto the lord. Abraham’s response to his son’s question, “look, the fire and the wood, but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?” would later after thousands of years be a reality for God himself.
To help grasp a deeper understanding of Christ sacrifice on the cross and how eternal life flows from it, this Part 3 has been divided into four sub-headings. 1\. The Passover lamb 2\. The perfect atonement sacrifice, 3\. A new covenant for the people, and 4\. Resurrection and eternal life through faith in Jesus Christ.
1\. The Passover lamb
* Israel Egypt Passover
* Killing the first born sons (Exo. 12:12-14)
* 1 Pet 1:19 (Jesus as Lamb without spot or blemish)
* Rev 5:6 (the lamb that has been slain)
* 1 Corinthians 5:7-8
2\. The son of man as the perfect sacrifice (atonement)
The Lamb of God that takes away the sin of men (John 1:29,36)
- A better High priest
a. Day of atonement, first for himself and family, then for everyone (lev 16); Hebrews7:26-28
i. Life is in the blood - Leviticus 17:10-14
ii. Offering better things Hebrews 8:1-6; 9:23-26; 10:5-10
iii. Services reformed from the old to new Hebrews 9:6-10
iv. The blood able to perfect forever (Hebrews 9:11-14; 10:1-4, 11-18
3\. A new covenant for the people
* A new covenant promised and delivered Hebrews 8:7-13, 9:15-17
* Covenant established through blood, Hebrews 9:18-21, Luke 22:17-20
* All things purified by blood Hebrews 9:22-23\.
4\. The resurrection and eternal life through faith
* Resurrection and eternal life through the blood of Christ (Romans 3:21-25)
* example conversions in scripture see Acts 2:36-47 (the Jews at Jerusalem for Pentecost),Acts 8:26-39 (the Ethiopian eunuch), Acts 10:34-48 (Cornelius and family), Acts 9:17-8, 22:14-16 (Paul’s conversion)
* Resurrection and eternal life through the Breath – (Romans 8:1-11)
Podden och tillhörande omslagsbild på den här sidan tillhör Kelvin Kenneth Brock. Innehållet i podden är skapat av Kelvin Kenneth Brock och inte av, eller tillsammans med, Poddtoppen.