Leidy Klotz reveals how to access the untapped potential of subtraction to make work and life more efficient.
— YOU’LL LEARN —
1) What Legos can teach us about smarter problem-solving
2) The trick to overcoming your brain’s bias for addition
3) How subtracting leaves us with more
Subscribe or visit AwesomeAtYourJob.com/ep684 for clickable versions of the links below.
— ABOUT LEIDY —
Leidy Klotz is a Professor at the University of Virginia, where he directs the university’s Convergent Behavioral Science Initiative and is appointed in the Schools of Engineering, Architecture, and Business. His research on the science of problem-solving has appeared in both Nature and Science and has been covered in The Wall Street Journal and The Washington Post among national newspapers on five continents.
• Leidy’s book: Subtract: The Untapped Science of Less
• Twitter: @Leidyklotz
— RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE SHOW —
• Study: “Buying time promotes happiness” by Ashley Whillans, Elizabeth Dunn, et al.
• Book: The Gardener and the Carpenter: What the New Science of Child Development Tells Us About the Relationship Between Parents and Children by Alison Gopnik
• Book: No-Drama Discipline: The Whole-Brain Way to Calm the Chaos and Nurture Your Child's Developing Mind by Daniel Siegel and Tina Payne Bryson
• Book: The Whole-Brain Child: 12 Revolutionary Strategies to Nurture Your Child's Developing Mind by Daniel Siegel and Tina Payne Bryson
• Author: Eduardo Galeano
— THANK YOU SPONSORS! —
• Blinkist. Read or listen to summarized wisdom from thousands of nonfiction books! Free trial available at blinkist.com/awesome
Podden och tillhörande omslagsbild på den här sidan tillhör Pete Mockaitis. Innehållet i podden är skapat av Pete Mockaitis och inte av, eller tillsammans med, Poddtoppen.