JUNO Award-winning reggae singer, songwriter, producer and social activist Kirk Diamond shared his new single “Let It Be Done” — available now.
“‘Let It Be Done’ was written in light of the political climate and social unrest that has affected so many worldwide, myself included,” Diamond shares. “That’s directly, indirectly, or psychologically.”
Holding multiple #1 spots on the Canadian Reggae Chart for over 25 collective weeks, it’s no surprise Kirk Diamond has been named one of CBC’s 10 Canadian Reggae Artists You Need To hear. A multi-JUNO nominee, he won for his debut EP, Greater, in 2018. Kirk Diamond and his band The Movement Of Ahryel deliver reggae and dancehall en masse — including opening for Maxi Priest, Third World, Luciano and Etana, and more.
* building new songs based on loops of existing songs (e.g. Bob Marley)
* recording song ideas on your phone, or what to do if it’s too cold to grab your phone
* working with a band to develop your songs
* breaking down language barriers with reggae
* getting back to old school reggae instrumentation and grooves
* how to create variety in hooks over the same beat
Podden och tillhörande omslagsbild på den här sidan tillhör Song Talk Radio : Songwriting Folks. Innehållet i podden är skapat av Song Talk Radio : Songwriting Folks och inte av, eller tillsammans med, Poddtoppen.