Our guest this month is Mike Mascarenhas. Mascarenhas is an International Campus Recruiting Lead for Boston Consulting Group (BCG) based in Barcelona. Previously he was a Senior Associate at PricewaterhouseCoopers and worked at IESE Business school, which is where he got his MBA.
In this episode he takes you behind the scenes and tells you what BCG look for in prospective hires and what their application process looks like.
What you will learn:
- The application process at BCG
- What makes an impressive application
- The biggest mistake candidates make in interviews
- Ways to differentiate yourself
- What people get wrong in networking and what you should be doing instead
"I do think that the MBA is a really good launch pad into consulting. I don't have specific statistics for you, but I can say with certainty that it is, as a whole, a little bit easier to enter post-MBA than post-undergraduate, just because of the volume of applicants that we see." - Mike Mascarenhas