Today’s special guest is Tom Salta, a hugely talented and accomplished artist and producer. He’s worked in film, TV, ads and games for over 30 years and has produced with legends like Bobby Brown, Cher and Peter Gabriel. He’s spent the last 20 years working in games including Cold Fear and Red Steel and some of the world’s largest franchises like Tom Clancy, Just Dance, Prince of Persia, Halo, Killer Instinct, Wolfenstein and PUBG.
Join us as we chat with Tom about his game music career over the past 20 years, from his breakout tracks to more recent hits. He’s a stylistic chameleon and no two tracks sound alike, so you’re in for a treat! A big thanks to our previous guest Nick Marinelli of VGIC for connecting us with Tom Salta!
Tom also recently launched a fabulous online masterclass for game music composition called Game Music Essentials. If you’re interested in game music composition, it’s an incredible resource and well worth the price of admission. Use the special promo code “Pixelated50” for $50 off.
All tracks composed by Tom Salta unless otherwise stated
* 0:00:00 “2 Days or Die” (as Atlas Plug)
* licensed for the games Rallisport Challenge 2 (Xbox)
* from the album 2 Days or Die
* 0:14:48 “Angel’s Heaven” from Red Steel (Wii)
* 0:23:38 “Artemis Ascendance” from Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X (360, PS3, WIN)
* 0:35:01 “The Menagerie of Legends” from Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (Wii version)