Alex Kantrowitz is a journalist who has spent years studying the inner workings of tech companies—how and why they make strategic decisions. He’s also a solo creator with a newsletter and podcast (Big Technology), and has written a book, Always Day One, in which he studies the internal decision-making frameworks within big tech companies.
In this conversation, we talk to Alex about:
- Why the creator economy went mainstream, and how Big Tech’s attitude toward it shifted
- Why he is bullish on Twitter Spaces and why he thinks live audio will not really replace podcasting
- His work as a solo creator, and how having direct control of his audience compares to his time working for larger media companies
- The pros and cons of monetizing through advertising versus subscriptions, and
- His personal strategies to avoid burning out
Brought to you by Means of Creation, an Every newsletter
Music by Keizo Fish
Podden och tillhörande omslagsbild på den här sidan tillhör Li Jin and Nathan Baschez. Innehållet i podden är skapat av Li Jin and Nathan Baschez och inte av, eller tillsammans med, Poddtoppen.