This week on Means of Creation, we spoke to Sam Lessin!
Sam is currently the co-founder of Fin and General Partner at Slow Ventures. He also writes a column at The Information called Modest Proposals that covers creators, platforms, and startups writ large.
He was formerly a vice president of product management at Facebook from 2010 to 2014. Prior to joining Facebook Sam founded drop.io, a file-sharing platform that was acquired by Facebook in 2010.
In this interview, we are going to talk to Sam about:
- Equity financing for influencers
- How platforms’ attitudes towards creators has changed over the years
- The creator revenue streams that will be significant in the next few years
- Why Reels won’t really stop TikTok’s growth and how Instagram can incentivise creators
- Slow’s early investment in Clubhouse.
- What to look for in early-stage social platforms before they’ve proved scale and network effects
- The success of OnlyFans and how it fits in with the societal problem of only needing 1,000 true fans to be successful online
Podden och tillhörande omslagsbild på den här sidan tillhör Li Jin and Nathan Baschez. Innehållet i podden är skapat av Li Jin and Nathan Baschez och inte av, eller tillsammans med, Poddtoppen.