Universal Credit (UC) is now the main way of accessing government support for mothers whose income is low or non-existent.  Patricia Exley, a Citizens Advice manager, runs through the type of support available through UC, how to apply for it, and what the work commitments may be for those on UC. We also cover everything else I can think of to ask about, including the Disability Living Allowance for children.  To calculate how much you could get please see Entitledto or Turn2Us.  For more info on claiming UC see Universal Credit service or call the DWP on 0800 328 5644.  For help in claiming UC see Citizens Advice The general advice line is 0800 144 8848 for any topic.  

Thanks as always to James Ede of Be Heard for production of the podcast.

Podden och tillhörande omslagsbild på den här sidan tillhör Claire Paye. Innehållet i podden är skapat av Claire Paye och inte av, eller tillsammans med, Poddtoppen.