**WE'VE BEEN SHORTLISTED IN THE BEST PODCAST CATEGORY OF THE CREATIVE IMPACT AWARDS 2020 - YOU CAN VOTE FOR US HERE**
In S2E4 Catri Barrett speaks to climate activist and founder of Force of Nature, Clover Hogan, and Climate Psychologist and counsellor Caroline Hickman about how we can navigate eco-anxiety and turn our fear and despair into radical hope to become more resilient in the face of the climate crisis.
Clover is a 21yo climate activist, researcher on eco-anxiety, and the founder of Force of Nature - a youth-led organisation empowering her generation to step up, rather than shut down, in the face of our planet’s messiest problems.
Caroline is a psychologist, counsellor and researcher specialising in climate psychology. Through her research at the University of Bath and her work with the Climate Psychology Alliance, Caroline brings a psychotherapeutic understanding to the climate and biodiversity emergency. Caroline also hosts the Climate Crisis Conversations podcast series entitled ‘Catastrophe or transformation’.
They spoke about...
• What lessons can we draw from the Coronavirus pandemic when facing the climate crisis.
• What is eco-anxiety and how you can help yourself if you're struggling. How to process and navigate feelings of fear, anger, despair, hopelessness and grief when it comes to the climate emergency and the future of our planet.
• What we need to understand about ourselves as flawed individuals and as humans in order to be more compassionate and better show up to the planet and others.
• How we can become more robust and resilient to the uncertainty and challenges of the future.
• What it means to become an internal and external activist.
• How you can shift your relationship with fear and anxiety and channel it into agency and positive action.
• What we can do in order to remain radically hopeful in the face of the climate crisis and during difficult times.
•Recognising the unconscious patterns and broken systems that have caused us to get to this point within society and what are better alternatives moving forward.
We'd love to hear from you over on Instagram with your thoughts about this episode.
If you are struggling with eco-anxiety and it is impacting your everyday life reach out to your GP to talk about the many options for help or you can can contact Caroline Hickman here.
Podden och tillhörande omslagsbild på den här sidan tillhör Catri Barrett. Innehållet i podden är skapat av Catri Barrett och inte av, eller tillsammans med, Poddtoppen.