Today we’re back with a new season of the Upbringing podcast! Join us this week on the as we explore our kids’ FREEDOM TO STRUGGLE. They do it a lot. It can feel like shit. But it doesn’t have to! Join us as we learn from the best and the brightest organizational psychologists, authors, researchers and brainiacs about things like grit, perseverance, confidence, and curiosity -- and why the WAY we approach our kids as they flip out, cry, worry, whine, misbehave (ie. STRUGGLE) matters a whole heck of a lot. We’ll share our personal tales of hilarious parenting hardship from the week, flip some common beliefs on struggle and explore all the ways we’re endeavoring to parent beyond instinct and conventional wisdom -- with awareness, authenticity and alignment. We laugh, we cry, we lean in. Join us!
Mental Mantras we explore:
They need help
This isn’t forever
This isn’t about me
This doesn’t mean anything about them as a person
Growth mindset over fixed mindset
The only way to learn is to struggle
Shut up and listen
- Upbringing’s Freedoms Model
- Upbringing’s RESIST Approach
- Upbringing’s 12 Empowerments
- Brené Brown
- Originals, by Adam Grant
- The Obstacle is the Way, by Ryan Holiday
- Mindset for Parents, by Ricci & Lee
- Wendy Mogul, author, psychologist & public speaker
- Growth Mindset by Carol Dweck
- How to Raise an Adult, by Julie Lythcott-Haims
- Grit, by Angela Duckworth
- Raising Human Beings, by Ross W. Greene
- Resilient, by Rick Hansen
- Sir Ken Robinson’s TED talks
- The Gift of Failure, by Jessica Lahey
- Amber Okamura, Upbringing’s Artist
- Mary Schroeder, Upbringing’s Letterer
- Alex Olavarria, our producer, conductor, editor and husband/brother in law
Today’s episode is supported by A Kid’s Book About- a collection of beautifully designed books that kickstart challenging and empowering conversations between kids and their grownups.
Visit our website, www.upbringing.co to learn more about us and sign up for our newsletter! We want to hear your thoughts. We care deeply about what you think and how you’re doin’, so get in touch -- we’re better together.
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Upbringing on:
Podden och tillhörande omslagsbild på den här sidan tillhör Hannah + Kelty. Innehållet i podden är skapat av Hannah + Kelty och inte av, eller tillsammans med, Poddtoppen.