In this episode of THE TALENT DEVELOPMENT HOT SEAT, Andy welcomes guest Paul Carroll. Paul Carroll is head of Colleague and Leadership Development at CVS Health, leading a talent development team of 25 professionals who take CVS Health leaders and colleagues to the next level, strengthening their skillsets in their current roles while preparing them for their future roles in the organizations.
In his spare time, Paul Carroll is the father of a 14-year-old son and a self-proclaimed autism dadvocate. He’s the founder and creator of AutismDadvocate.org, a website community dedicated to fathers of autistic children. His “Autism Dadvocate” podcast is available on iTunes and Spotify.
In this bonus interview, you’ll hear:
10. Paul Carroll’s proudest career moment and why it’s so important to him.
11. His most spectacular career failure and what he learned from it.
12. What he thinks is today’s biggest challenge in talent development.
13. The trend Paul Carroll is most excited about in talent development.
14. Why he recommends reading the book Together: The Healing Power of Human Connection in a Sometimes Lonely World by Vivek H. Murthy, M.D.
15. The reason behind starting his podcast, “Autism Dadvocate,” and why he’s so proud of it.
16. The one piece of career advice Paul Carroll would give to someone looking to further their career.