Amber Karnes -- the founder of Body Positive Yoga and the co-creator of the Accessible Yoga Training -- is my guest this week! Amber shares her story of how yoga has helped her change her relationship to her body, from one that was punitive to one that's more accepting and present. Amber offers so much insight and guidance in this conversation including:
- How body positivity is not a linear path with an endpoint -- it's closer to recovering from addiction in that you are always in recovery
- Resources for a "weight neutral" approach to health
- The fatphobia that we may be complicit in when we bash our own bodies
- Why behaviors are more important than body size
- The vital question to ask ourselves every time we consume media
- The importance of doing body positive work while you are in community
I'm so grateful to Amber for sharing the years of research and work she's done in this space.