Gut Health Part 2 is here! If you haven't already listened to last week's Part 1 episode, we suggest you drop in now and have a listen. The guys pick up where they left off, diving deep into the energetics of the digestive system and referencing the ancient Traditional Chinese Medicine philosophy. Probiotics and prebiotics are discussed in great detail and the role they play with chronic disease manifestations, like leaky gut. Dan (The Functional Naturopath) brings his clinical observations to the table with real-life client experiences.
The guys discuss:
- 100% alkaline everything is NOT health promoting, sometimes acidity is beneficial
- The Spleen is connected to the whole digestive system, think of it as the digestive fire
- Spleen deficiencies generally call for dietary adjustments and stress management
- Dampness can arise from depleting kidney essence (excessive amounts of cold, raw foods and fasting)
- What diet is sustainable for decades, what flows naturally for you?
- Extreme dietary regimes generally result in exhaustion and depletion
- High fat diets require more bile; some inflammatory gut species eat bile, this paired with leaky gut leads to a surge in systemic inflammation (endotoxemia)
Podden och tillhörande omslagsbild på den här sidan tillhör Mason Taylor | Multidimensional Health. Innehållet i podden är skapat av Mason Taylor | Multidimensional Health och inte av, eller tillsammans med, Poddtoppen.